View Single Post
      04-23-2019, 06:39 AM   #164
celo
Registered
Romania
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48, Audi A4 B8

Hi guys, nice to meet you all, I'm new the BMW communit. I recently bought an X1 F48 (made April 2016) and wanted to code some changes in the car's behavior (which was an interesting exercise for me as I've done a lot of coding for the past 10 years on VAG cars and was looking forward to see the possibilities that BMW offers in this regard). I won't bore you any longer with the details so I have a couple of questions that I was not able to find an answer to and I was hoping you guys might be able to help me out:
Note: I've gone for the easy coding method using BimerCode.
  • Q1 : Car is equipped with 6UP Nav Plus AND I've tried to code IDrive 6 lite, yet when I navigate under HU_NBT - 3000 HMI, I cannot find any HMI_ID_VERSION param. (or similar), which makes me ask myself if I really have ID5 and not ID4( I could find any definite how-to to determine exact Idrive version but I believed it was an NBT ID5) ? Has anyone been able to change this in BC in a F48 of this age(Apr '16) or older?
  • Q2 : Car is equipped with Sport electric seats with memory (options 459 and 481) so I've tried to code Easy Entry , yet when navigating to module 3012 EAH I cannot find the parameters outlined in this coding post . Has anyone been able to code this using BC in a F48 of this age(Apr '16) or older? ..Trying to understand if this is a BC app limitation or a car limitation (I'm rooting for the 1st option)
  • Q3: : For those of you who have coded folding mirrors with Comfort locking, I have a question around timing. If I close my car from the key fob, the mirrors fold instantly, there is no need to long press the close button on the fob. If I try to close the car using Comfort locking, there is a slight delay, i.e. I have to leave my hand over the handle for about 1/2 second more or so to actually fold the mirrors even after setting the delay to 0. If I just tap the handle it closes the car...but the mirrors don't fold, I have to tap and hold for around a 1/2 - 1 second to get the mirrors folding. Are you guys seeing the same behavior?
Appreciate 0