View Single Post
      10-17-2017, 12:19 PM   #42
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEM-S4 View Post
Take my wagon reviews with a grain of salt, I have a lot of concerns aside from just performance and handling. The Jag in particular the size and shape of the front door made getting in and out for dad difficult. Ride height is also a chief concern. Only once we get the old man concerns out of the way do we then turn our attention to driving dynamics.

If you are looking at pure wagons and not SUV / Crossover / whatever in a reasonable price range I'd encourage you to look at the BMW knowing you can Dinan it if needed, the Allroad is nice, the Jag is worth driving (but bigger) and the same for the Volvo V90. Based on your 9-3 history (we had those too) if you want something on the smaller side the 2019 V60 will be worth waiting for. The V90 is BIG. So in smaller wagons BMW, Audi, Volvo will all be around $55K nicely equipped.
Thanks. Looking at smaller than 9-3 with some performance, open to used as it's just a (very short) commuter not family car.

Thinking old X1 with Dinan 35i might be a go. Wish Allroad had a proper engine ffs.
Appreciate 0