Garage List
2014 335i  [9.74]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germanauto View Post
...the car which was going below the speed limit.
Fake news. The vehicle was doing 38 mph in a 35 mph zone.

This brings up an interesting topic... Who the Hell is programming autonomous vehicles to break the law? To me this is Dieselgate x 1000.
If this is the part of this discussion that you're upset about, then maybe you've missed the point?

I got a bunch of tickets when I was in college and ended up on deferred adjudication. I decided to drive at or under the speed limit for those two months. I've never felt so at risk. People get amazingly mad about you slowing them down.

So someone probably programmed the cars to all go over the speed limit, but less than five over, the amount that you're given for speedometer inaccuracy. It's likely safer for surrounding drivers and even pedestrians for automated cars to go the flow of traffic and/or a realistic speed.
First, I agree with your point about the safety of matching the flow of traffic. Although this vehicle didn't appear to be matching traffic flow, my point is directly related. It seems as though a manufacturer would be opening themselves up to huge risk by programming their vehicle to break the law. That was exactly what happened with Dieselgate... Manufacturers were programming their car to violate regulations. Massive penalties were assessed, and nobody died there.