View Single Post
      05-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #9
rjb5183
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Exactly! Even with my RPi GTM setup it's still too quiet in the cabin! The V8 has very different sound characteristics from the V10. In order order for the F10 M5 to sound really loud you have to be at Wide Open Throttle. With the straightpipes the F10 can really roar but only when you step on it. The rest of the time you are driving it sounds pretty good but it's not like the V10 where it's just loud all over the rev range.

Glad that you like the Turner setup though. According to them, they are claiming about 20hp gain from the deletion of the mufflers. I think this is correct. Do you have any plans to get on a dyno? Enjoy in good heath and watch out for cops! Lol!
Thanks! Your car sounds fantastic, by the way.

Haven't thought about doing a dyno run yet. Not so concerned with the power increases since I already struggle to find enough open road around here to get over 5k rpm, haha. You probably do pick up some power with the smoother bends and removing the restriction in the muffler though. You definitely drop some weight with a straight pipe set-up also.

I do like the fact you get a much more pronounced rumble at lower rpms, sounds like a proper V8. Where the stock sounds like a hyrbid 4 cylinder below 3k, haha.

I did manage to get a nice tunnel run in on the way in to work and it sounded awesome.
Appreciate 0