View Single Post
      01-25-2022, 05:58 PM   #428
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
I'm sure people dropping this kind of coin on their mall crawler likely aren't concerned over a few mpg on the highway.

Even the non-Raptor Bronco, and the Wrangler for that matter, I really don't understand. They are loud, ride rough, get shitty mpg, etc. The VAST majority of people never take them anywhere you'd need that kind of capability.

Hell you can literally look up a video of a guy taking a Crown Vic on Hell's Revenge in Moab.

So really these vehicles have become a "look at how much money I spent"
Well I bought a 392 that's supposed to be delivered in March, so I can tell you that from my perspective the Wrangler was a great daily driver. The only thing it was missing was some acceleration and sound. Jeep fixed that with the 392. One of the best sounding stock exhausts out there, pretty damn fast for an SUV, and I love the high seating position and ability to open the roof at the touch of a button. You can roll over anything, never have to worry about speed bumps, parking blocks, curbs, etc. Is there another car you can take the doors and roof off that has a hemi V8? Nope. Is there another naturally aspirated SUV out there with that kind of power? Other than the Grand Cherokee SRT, nope again.

Wranglers also have amazing resale value, so I can probably drive it for a few years and sell it for close to what I paid, if not more. If they stop producing the 392 after this year, you can be sure that resale will remain high forever. They're never going to make a hemi Wrangler again after this.
Appreciate 2
AlexFL7837.00
jesm207.50