View Single Post
      02-18-2020, 08:16 PM   #12
jeffp1105
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Z4 M40i

Update in case anyone stumbles on this thread and sees the last question about the mirror caps....

I just did mine with BMW OEM Carbon Fiber caps. The first step is to adjust the mirror all the way up and in using the electric adjustments.

Then using your fingers or a pry tool, reach under and pull the mirror straight out. It is friction fit and will give with a POP. The wires will hold it from falling.

From the mirror side, you'll see 3 squeeze clips across the top with a black plastic "peg" preventing the squeeze. Simply push that peg out the way and squeeze the clips and push through. Work your way from one side to the other until all 3 clip pairs are released and pushed through. Don't push too far as the bottom is stuck.

The bottom can be pried away from using a plastic from the back. There are not actual hooks to move like the top or the hooks on the grills, but the bottom should be pulled or pried strait away from the mirror case.

Installation is easier; just align everything and squeeze all the way around. The cap should go straight on. It's a tight squeeze to get the bottom to "click". then continue to squeeze until the 3 clips push all the way through and the black "peg" moves into place.

Clear as mud!