View Single Post
      09-25-2019, 12:24 PM   #15
El Greco DC
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘19 X2 M35i

Interestingly, my dealer told me that BMW OEM wheels style #556 (18”) would fit but the specs I found online indicate those wheels are only 7.5” wide. I have the OEM 20” wheels on my X2 M35i and they are 8” wide to accommodate the M brakes. I’m not sure the 18” 556’s the dealer is trying to sell me are wide enough to accommodate the M brakes.

I love the way my OEM 20”s with Pirelli summer performance tires look but it’s about to start getting cold here (the specs say the tires are not to be driven below 45 degrees) and I’m researching the best options for winter/all season. I’m 100% sure I’ll have to ditch the 20”s I have now soon and since there’s a question about it 18” wheels fitting at all I think the only option is a 19” with all season or winter only tires. BMW wheel style 715m 19” seems to fit with pirelli snow tires.

I hate the idea of switching out tires twice a year though, especially since I bought the wheel/tire insurance for my 20” OEMs and the fact that the ride is pretty harsh with them on to begin with.
Appreciate 0