View Single Post
      08-21-2016, 08:19 PM   #19
Uptempo80
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 228iC -picked up 8-13-16!

Great work. I gotta learn how to do this lol.
I'll start by referencing your post and watch some of the ammo nyc videos.

My car's brand new but why not be prepared.

Right now I have the Griots porter cable buffer. I have had it since 2009 and never used it. I have the Langka blob eliminator and tools for paint chip touchup.

Other than that though I try to avoid using the buffer system. I've been detailing since the high school days in 1999-2000 and haven't really changed since. I use lots of Zymol Hd Cleanse and Zymol Creame, concours, or Destiny wax on my cars. For clay routine I use a rotation of Zymol(medium), Griots, or Mothers(light).

For polishes I mainly use Meguairs Mirror Glaze #7 polish, Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0, and Mirror Glaze #2 Fine Cut Cleaner.
I also have the old school professional Car Groom #26 cleaner & polish which I use sometimes.

The Hand routine is Good, tried and true but I gotta invest in pad money for my orbital. I think you need a stocked up supply of various pads. I'll start using the orbital eventually when I get the confidence to use it. I've just had a lot of success with my hand done routine n I guess that's my problem.
For my paint chip repairs if it's bad enough I have my paint guy air brush them n wet sand/polish to perfect it.

We'll see what I learn these coming years with my new 2 series.
Sorry if I'm a lil off topic with this comment. It stirred my imagination lol.
Attached Images

2013 320i sedan (Sapphire Black Metallic, Black/Black)
2016 228i convertible (Mineral White, Oyster Leather, Luxury Line)
Appreciate 1
Xiaoxi269.00