Thread: X2 coded!
View Single Post
      05-12-2022, 10:53 AM   #71
rice_rocket88
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E60 F48 F39

While I was at it I coded the sport + option onto the car. I like this guy and his video, so I'll plug it:

Body Domain Controller
Expert Mode
3221 PfFesMaster
FesHasMode 5
Change it to aktiv
And boom.

Okay so this is my observations of the Sport +. Do you really need it? Well nah not really, but so far I believe it acts very similarly to my sport + mode on my E60 5 series.

1) Yes it changes the rpm shift points.. it's somewhere in between regular sports mode and the sports mode with the shift lever to the left. So that means not as aggressive as the lever to the left, more aggressive than just sport mode.

2) It says it turns off DTC. The lights and warnings don't display anywhere, but it pretty much says it is going to do it.

3) Your car will now be "locked" or "limited" to 7th gear. It will not go past that gear on the highway. I can confirm this by just cruising and watching the rpm jump up/down a little bit as I fiddle with the modes and then put it into manual mode.. top gear is 7th.

All and all it's another nifty toy that's now coded into my car. I'll probably use the sport + mode in the snow/local driving and just for overall fun/boredom. For those that don't know, in the heavy snow it is a good idea to turn off the DTC so that the wheels won't just stop spinning when you hit a slushy/icy spot when turning or doing general putting around in the snow. I usually manually shift myself and turn off DTC.. but then turn on all the safety nannies when I hit smooth open road/highway.
Appreciate 0