01-24-2021, 10:44 PM   #7
///Makis
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
The answer is what it always is, cost cutting, and I can't say for sure, but unless they specifically call out all the ambient lighting strips and their locations, they can change what is part of the build at any time and three isn't much recourse.

It's the same discussion that was had when they removed the cover off the center cup holder, folks miss it, but it's not a vital part of the vehicle, and it was never specifically called out as a feature.

You keep saying "but they charged full price" the answer is they charged for an ambient lighting option, and they delivered that, albeit in a lesser caliber than you expected.
I hear you and you're not wrong, but that doesn't make the OP wrong either.

If you put a pic of something up and say you pay this amount and you get this in the pic, and in fact you do not. Well I'd call that false advertising, and I realize that doesn't hold much water anywhere except the us really, I'd still bring it up because you're paying a lot of money for something and not getting what's advertised.

I appreciate there's probably nothing that can be done, the dealer won't change the car and the car and BMW isn't going to recall tens of thousands of pics to change the advertisement, but they should know that they are deliberately deceiving people and it's one step removed from stealing.
Appreciate 0