View Single Post
      01-24-2021, 09:28 AM   #1
Patmar Jahomes
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Ambient lightning only on underside?

I just took delivery of my new BMW X1 from the dealership. I opted for the sDrive 18i because I wanted a manual. I also added the High Executive package as well as the (ambient) lightning package (427 euros). In the showroom, it looked really nice on a showroom car but unfortunately on my car it seems it only has an led strip on the underside?

This is what it should look like according to the BMW website. You can clearly see the top stripe with the dimmed light on the underside. As I said, my car only has the underside led strip. The top stripe is physically not installed. It's this way on all passenger doors.

This is how it looks like in my car:

The black part is installed and the red part isn't installed.

Is there a reason why it's like this? When I ordered my car, it didn't appear it would only include an underside light. It leaves a sour taste because 427 euros is way too expensive for only some underside lights. The way it is now, it looks like it's a 20 euros led strip from AliExpress. The whole reason why I opted for the lightning package, was for the top stripes. Any reason why they only installed the underside strips but still charged full price?
Appreciate 0