View Single Post
      02-12-2020, 12:03 PM   #17
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

I have both a 2018 f30 340 and a 2016 X1. I like both cars and recommend both. As discussed above, my X1 like others have said needed new front pads at 29k. My 340 is fine at 32k. Since we bought the X1 as a CPO, as an extra car and now used by my teen driver, I can't say how it was driven prior to our purchase. Nevertheless, we already replaced the front brake pads. For me, it was covered under our maintenance package. I like the X1 and it is a good car. I'm not turning in my 340 as that is my daily driver, but the X1 has really been a pleasant surprise for the 6 months that we have owned it. It would definitely have more room and have easier access than a 3 series to get kids in and out. I have 3 kids and had an e46 and now an f30, so I have been fine with those cars while the kids were younger. But for long trips it is nice to have more room and we do have a van for that. Good luck, I think you would like an X1, but definitely look up consumer reports to see if there are issues that might affect you. We found nothing that we were concerned about when we purchase our used X1 and have been very happy to date.
Appreciate 0