ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imola.ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
There will be a Nissan Leaf Crossover EV as well as one from Tesla long before 2020. Tesla is doing a crossover version of the up and coming model 3.
You mean like how the Model X was shown to the public late 2012 and was supposed to start delivering early 2014 but instead was just released a few weeks ago?

We haven't even seen the prototype Model 3, and even though it won't have those stupid doors on the Model X, I would expect an 18-24 month delay from when they show the prototype. So 2017 is pushing it. Here is my guess for Tesla; Model 3 comes out late 2017/ early 2018, it is hugely successful and they focus most of their efforts into ramping up production. The crossover version development gets pushed further behind and comes out late 2020 if not 2021. I hope I am wrong and I hope they sell every vehicle they make.

Not interested in a Nissan anything, but thanks.

The PHEV x1 will work for us just fine, my better half's commute right now is 2.5 miles and might be switching to work from home at the end of next year. Either way, driving on EV only all week won't be a problem even if the EV only range of the PHEV is 20 miles, if driven carefully might even only have to charge on Sunday nights and Thursday nights. Gasoline engine will allow us to take the x1 our of town, not that we can't go in my coded i3 REx, but the i3 doesn't have a spare tire which bothers me if going out of town. The x1 should have more room and be comparable in interior volume to our 2007 CRV EX-L Nav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matbl View Post
IAA 2017? Isn't that quite late for a new introduction of something based on the current X1?
Agreed, keep in mind how late they released the x4 though, the new generation x3/x4 will be out in just a few years. My guess is that on generation 2 of the x2 and x4 they will be released a year after their counterpart x1 and x3 in the same fashion that all new 3er's and 5er's are released a year ahead of their coupe counterparts 4er's and 6er's.
The Leaf SL Premium is a great car.

There will be a new Leaf end of next year and a crossover EV

Search for the Nissan Sway to see the design language.

Nissan aside, the model 3 will shown in March and will be released 18-24 months later depending on how much market tesla wants to lose.
Appreciate 0