///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Probably this.
I had a feeling the Motortrend stuff would come up. I read the writeup on their whole TransAmerica Trail trip. While the trucks made it, and they said they did well, it's easy to make something look good when you have a full technical support network behind you, and easy to have few issues when the vehicle is brand new. I will take things into consideration that I read in reviews like these, but I'm going to pay more attention to what the average Joe has to say about things vs a fully funded and supported group thats not allowed to really report anything too negative. They did say a few things in the writeup about charging issues, low ground clearance causing them to bang the battery, broken suspension, etc.

I'm not denying the R1T is off-road capable. The quad motor system would be awesome for traction and electric means torque right away that can be controlled, but I'm more concerned about reliability and ease of repairs. What happens when a motor goes out 50+ miles back in the woods and you don't have Motortrend and Rivian backing you with immediate parts and tools free of cost.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0