08-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #31
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
Which goes back to my point that it's a lifestyle choice, like most trucks are. Loaded F-150s and GMCs are the new the BMWs for people.

The "I've made it" middle class statement with a vehicle.

A $70k truck that can't really do anything a 1993 Ranger can't do?

Don't take me wrong, I have no problem with people buying what they want. But vehicles like this are BS and it's a bunch of 1%s patting themselves on the back thinking buying an electric truck is helping the world.
You're on a BMW forum... why didn't you get a corolla? It can do everything a BMW does for a fraction of the price.

I also don't understand the whole you "bought an EV so you much be a greenie who wants to save the world" association.

I have an EV and honestly, I don't give a shit about the planet, as Carlin said the planet will be fine, it's the people who are fucked.

I have an EV because I like it. I think it's a good car. As a commuter I think it's superior to an ICE vehicle. I didn't know how much I disliked going to the gas station until I didn't have to go anymore. It's comfortable, it's fast as fuck and I like all the tech. I prefer it to other cars I could get in the same price range. I didn't buy it because of the "green" label.
Appreciate 2
stein_325i25083.00
RM72892.50