View Single Post
      08-08-2022, 05:35 PM   #30
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by The J-Man View Post
I think people are missing the point of the R1T. It is not meant to be a work truck. It is not meant to tow. Most R1T buyers have never owned a truck.

The interior room is as good as my X5. The cargo capacity is as good or better than my X5 with the added versatility of a truck bed, and the R1T accommodates a full-size spare. I can't easily throw my bike into the hatch of my X5. I don't want to throw dirt or leaves into the hatch of my X5, but that doesn't matter with the truck. The vast majority of trucks sold in the USA are bought in suburbia and used for light household work, if that. I do a lot of home improvement projects and I'm always borrowing a truck. Now I don't have to do that anymore.

There are a lot of benefits to the R1T versus an SUV with really no downsides. That's why people are buying them.
Which goes back to my point that it's a lifestyle choice, like most trucks are. Loaded F-150s and GMCs are the new the BMWs for people.

The "I've made it" middle class statement with a vehicle.

A $70k truck that can't really do anything a 1993 Ranger can't do?

Don't take me wrong, I have no problem with people buying what they want. But vehicles like this are BS and it's a bunch of 1%s patting themselves on the back thinking buying an electric truck is helping the world.
Appreciate 1
Germanauto9702.50