View Single Post
      05-10-2019, 07:23 AM   #41
NJDK
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Yes, I have seen NBTevo HU upgrades available for F48, they could easily come with professional Nav s609 (easy as fsc codes are readily available). The advantages are, fsc codes are available so Carplay, decent professional Nav, office functions, enhanced Bluetooth can be coded if not already included.
However this is not an easy diy upgrade, just look at number of people begging for help on E-sys and other coding forums. So, probably need to buy package, I think Bimmertech had them including new 8.8” touch screen and touch controller. Therefore biggest downside is price. Other issues are having to use donor VIN emulator approach (but alternative may be possible) and finally losing BMW connected drive services and possibly dealer support in the event of problems. [so I would always keep old HU and other parts].

Overall if your car is out of warranty, you have older Entrynav HU and really want CarPlay, or just better Nav than the poor quality BMW business package, it is an option well worth considering. I think prices start at $1,200. I would be extremely careful just buying an NBTevo HU and hoping you can install it without issues, do some research first. If you have the spare cash to use a package service like Bimmertech (and others) then hands down- it would be my first choice.
Thanks MJE60.

Sounds more complicated than first anticipated..
I wonder if it’s a matter of time before someone break the surface and then you can code the entrynav/entrynav2? For me it’s only about alternative maps, so can easily wait, though It would be nice sooner rather than later
Appreciate 1
MJE60678.00