View Single Post
      05-06-2019, 06:57 AM   #33
ScottR
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 iDrive 28i

I ordered the JoyeAuto wireless Carplay unit for my 2016 F48 / 10/2015 build with HU_ENTURYNAV. After placing my order, I found this thread and read about the issues Cryze had with this unit. I was thinking about sending it back, but it arrived on Friday and I installed over the weekend.

During my installation I found there is little room underneath the headunit and I could tell there was no way to get all of the cables tucked in and get the dash panels re-installed. I didn't want to rip my car apart, but I couldn't find any other option to mount the unit so I removed the glove box and mounted it on the metal beam above the glovebox.

Unit seems to work great on Carplay functions wireless. I am still learning about using it with the telephone functions and I also have the bluetooth paired with the factory audio (just the telephone option paired) so it will use the microphones in the car v/s the additional mic that is installed for the "Hey Siri" function to work.

I was thinking I would miss the touch screen functionality but using the iDrive controller and the steering wheel controls work for selecting options in Carplay great. The telephone buttons work if you have the unit paired with factory bluetooth.

To switch between the factory audio and Carplay you long press the back button.

Here are some pictures from my installation.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
MJE60678.00