2023 BMW S1000RR  [0.50]
2022 BMW F900XR  [3.00]
2022 BMW X6 40i  [0.50]
2020 BMW M2C  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lax01 View Post
4 point = death

Why even bother? Not worth it...use the 3 point and be safer
Comments like these stopped me from buying this harness for my E36 years ago. It wasn't until Pyrat 2 posted about it and that I actually called HMS and educated myself on the system that I truly understood how it works.

This belt functions similar to a seatbelt so if your using stock belts for HPDE then you should be no worse but more planted in the seat. The belts in addition to anti-submarining (ASM) has special stitching, hence the D/S and P/S specificity, that tears in an accident allowing the person to rotate similar to the factory 3 point belts.

All that said, these particular belts "meet all certification requirements by the German TÜV, ECE-R 16.04 and US-DOT FMVSS 209 for use on public roads" for the E82/92 cars and not the F87. Obviously, there isn't enough something for Schroth to re-certify for the newer cars. So people need to make that call on their own. Though again if you call HMS they will explain that they do have the Ralley belts for "all" cars where the belts can be installed according to specs. So for me if the QuickFit Pro can be installed to "specs" I should be good. Again, people need to make that call on their own.

True 6 points should only be installed w/a proper roll cage. Yes you can use w/a proper harness bar but that does not protect you from the roof.

Last edited by omasou; 06-10-2017 at 07:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
fleetfoot124.50