View Single Post
      11-19-2020, 02:56 PM   #240
CSBM5
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Comp, 2011 M3, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_R View Post
I can understand your frustration and pain. In fact, without going into any details you are seeing exactly the same problem that is prevalent on the majority of turbocharged 4 cylinder performance engines. This behavior is synonymous with the Audi Q5 2.0 litre TFSI (256 bhp) that I recently sold on. It is all down to turbo lag IF the start-stop system is disabled. It matters little what gearbox the car has. If you want an improvement, you have to keep the engine spinning faster all the time to negate turbo lag or go to a 6 cylinder engine.
As C&D showed and the poster above noted, it's not purely a question of turbo lag completely but instead the transmission programming having it in too high of a gear at very slow speed (when it's not in sport transmission mode) and then requiring time to respond with an appropriate gear change all the way to 1st gear. Once that time period has elapsed, then you are dealing with turbo lag since only then can the engine start to generate enough rpm+fuel burn to spin the turbine up in speed.
2007 E91 328i Silver, slushbox, Eibach fr/E93 M3 rear sway bars, ARC-8
Appreciate 0