twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Nice. You ever go boarding around there? I grew up hitting all the mountains in that area.
As sad as it is to say, I've never been. My family moved to TN before I was born, so I've been here my entire life. A friend of mine, that I used to skate with, has tried to get me to go snowboarding with him several times at Ober Gatlinburg down here; but our schedules never line up.

I continued to skate up until about 7 years ago. Hadn't been on a board in a while and tried to bust out a 360 kickflip, this was on a Friday afternoon. The next thing I remember it was 11:00 p.m., banging headache and the ex-wife explained that she already had me in the ER, diagnosed concuss. I fell back asleep and woke up around lunch the next day, Sunday. Shitty way to spend a weekend. That was the last time my toes were planted on a board. My old ass doesn't bounce like it used to. Trying to eat concrete with the back of my head was a bad time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin fed View Post
Nice. You ever go boarding around there? I grew up hitting all the mountains in that area.
As sad as it is to say, I've never been. My family moved to TN before I was born, so I've been here my entire life. A friend of mine, that I used to skate with, has tried to get me to go snowboarding with him several times at Ober Gatlinburg down here; but our schedules never line up.

I continued to skate up until about 7 years ago. Hadn't been on a board in a while and tried to bust out a 360 kickflip, this was on a Friday afternoon. The next thing I remember it was 11:00 p.m., banging headache and the ex-wife explained that she already had me in the ER, diagnosed concuss. I fell back asleep and woke up around lunch the next day, Sunday. Shitty way to spend a weekend. That was the last time my toes were planted on a board. My old ass doesn't bounce like it used to. Trying to eat concrete with the back of my head was a bad time.
Dam. That sucks. Seriously it's crazy how much more things hurt when you get older. I remember doing rail slides and falling and bouncing back up no problem. Now I couldn't even imagine. My oldest daughter (7) found my old deck and was asking me to show her tricks and all I get comfortable doing were some ollies and letting our dog pull me down the street. Lol. I even started skiing again last year bc I wanted to teach my kids how to ski and it was easier to do it on skis then a board.

Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00