View Single Post
      09-24-2019, 06:52 AM   #2219
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Hopefully they will implement the change, find out it's not working, and make other arrangements.

But I feel your pain. Maybe this is life's way of saying there are better things ahead for you? I'm a big believer in all things happen for a purpose...so hang in there man!
I appreciate that sir. The cubicle/desk set up that I was asked to locate for the pain in the ass that I share an office with and myself was $1,800. The counter top that they are fashioning our desks into, that will be mounted to the wall was $3,800. I foresee this being the permanent workstation for this area for the remaining life of this building. Clearly spending money efficient and agreeable ways is of no concern of the person pulling the strings. Hands down the worst "manager" I have ever worked for. I'm definitely down for a change at this point. I have reached my potential with this company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
No one puts Baby in the corner

What triggered this change? Is it directed at you, or is it a change throughout the office? Maybe it's the push you need to move on and find something better. Working with toxic people sucks. Good luck
Too damn funny!! This has been the joke since day one about the revised office arrangement. I'm not exactly sure what is going on here. I was hired to reduce the work load from the Maintenance Manager as he couldn't find time in the day to manage his crew and handle Capital Projects, so he was taking a laptop home with him and working from home, off the clock. He expressed his disdain with the plant manager, at that time. The plant manager created my position and I get a call out of the blue asking me to come apply for this position. The first year here, I stayed covered up; juggling 6-8 projects at a time and handling it like a boss, I feel. Since then, 8 out of 10 plant managers have left the company, 90% of all corporate employees have been replaced, a lot of my job responsibilities (accounting side) have been farmed out to a third party company and the new plant manager has no clue what my role was here before he came. My boss, the Maintenance Manager, didn't want me here to begin with as he felt like I was stepping on his toes. He doesn't want to relinquish any of his responsibilities or delegate anything due to.....well, just being a poor manager. Now rather than staying covered up with projects, I find myself scouring the internet looking for shit to keep me occupied.

The office renovation rose from our conference room being our emergency storm shelter, but not having enough square footage to encompass all of our employees. Therefore, they decided to cut the office, that I am currently already sharing with another person, in half and make the conference room larger. Considering my position, what I know about the requirements of the office space, points of egress, etc. I threw multiple options out that would solve our problem of limited space. In short, the plant manager has Napoleon Syndrome and is the type of person that is too busy explaining how smart he is and how right he is rather than listen to reason. He gets an idea in his head and runs with it, regardless of how it affects anyone else or suggestions that have been made by his subordinates. He is also the type of manager that hides around corners and eves drops on people's conversations so that he inject himself into the conversation to feel like his opinion is needed. He's a very odd little man that obviously has some self esteem issues.

Last edited by King Rudi; 09-24-2019 at 07:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00