08-29-2018, 02:15 AM   #41
ynguldyn
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: battery powered tv on wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarianride View Post
Y
The LR RWD balance and handling are pretty good in corners. How does the DM feel around corners, given it has extra weight/motor in front?
The turn-in is good, but if you try to accelerate inside a turn it understeers badly. I believe this is caused by the combination of sucky tires (Michelin Primacy is the OEM tire, bleh) and the unusual weight balance (if I'm not mistaken, RWD is 44/56 and AWD is 46/54). You press the accelerator, the front unloads, the tires start slipping. It's possible RWD would behave better simply because the rear motor would push the tail out resulting in more neutral behavior.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWest View Post
You missed my point: I like the noise and smell "side effects", I don't want a purified experience.

And what you call "work" below is what I think is fun. I'm not saying a Tesla isn't fun to drive, it's just not the experience I want.
No, I didn't miss your point. I just think that our previous driving experience taught us to associate engine noises and gasoline smell with fun, so it's now like a reflex. While in reality, the only kind of fun that can't properly be had without noise and smell is the one you have in bed.
Appreciate 1
clee1982797.50