View Single Post
      05-15-2017, 12:51 PM   #6
Araemo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340iX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Does the manual not have LC? I've seen LC on manual cars before but not sure if it's the case with BMW's. The LC really doesn't give you the best launch anyway. The RPM's are too low and you can launch faster at a higher RPM especially with an X-Drive. It does warn that repeated launches can lead to accelerated wear. There may be a way to customize the launch RPM if you want to set it higher, I thought I saw a post on how to do this.
As far as I'm aware, F30 6MTs only had launch control with MPPK. While I do have MPPSK, I have not been able to find launch control following the old 6MT 335i MPPK instructions. Also, I never found anyone claiming to have LC on a 6MT 335i xDrive w/ MPPK (without JB4 or other solution), so I don't know if that has ever been a thing in BMWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_SixSpeed View Post
Hold traction button completely down so DSC and everything is disabled.

Avoid water box and drive around it.

Rev it up to 3k rpm and dump the clutch. I'd say thats the sweet spot. if you bog down, try 3.2-3.5k rpm. I am RWD and usually launch just below 3k and I've done all the way up to 4k. With all the torque i put down low (well over 400 torque at the wheels), i spin a lot... but around 3k is where I seem to hook up best. With you being xdrive ... you'll be launching outta the hole hard. I don't see any issues with a harder launch. BMW automatics have launch control and they are programed for like 3k-3.5k if i remember correctly. Good luck.
Even on snows, I bogged at that kind of RPM. Now that I'm on proper summers, I assume I'm going to have to rev higher and launch harder. I'm going to try and find somewhere to test some a bit before I actually go to the strip, so I can make the most of my time there. It's usually busy enough I'll probably only get 3-5 runs all night.
Appreciate 0