View Single Post
      02-12-2022, 06:06 PM   #173
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmersandmopars View Post
I would generally agree. I had an allocation locked in Cali (only one I could find since Texas is a 2yr wait) at $30k over on my highly spec'd 992 Turbo S and got a call from a local Houston dealer that my former BMW GM moved to and he put a good word in to the GSM there that called me out of the blue and let me know he had a buyer that wanted Euro delivery and was to take delivery in April yet since that's not an option currently he asked if I was going to be interested in getting from here in Houston instead and offer it at only $20k over which is an absolute steal and I would get April delivery and jump the 2yr list since the GM told him I had bought 4 M cars from him in the past 2 yrs.

I jumped on that option instantly and looking forward to it arriving. Even with ADM of $20k it's only $290k, but I can already sell to another porsche dealer or individual for $330k-340k.

My new acquisition needs a friend.

Guy in my team at work ordered his .2 (way before COVID) for $25K above sticker at the time. So given where we are today, what you were offered is in line with reality and then some.

That being said, I still gave him grief for paying over MSRP. Especially after he told me the delivery day was anything but special and he was treated like he was picking up a Chevy truck.
Appreciate 0