View Single Post
      05-27-2020, 01:20 PM   #237
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
People. This is "The encouraging news despite COVID-19 thread". Take your debbie-downer-masks-don't-work bulls==t elsewhere, mmmkay?
I'm not trying to be downer at all. I do feel that fear and lack of rationale/scientific thinking is winning out the battle though.

I live in the Kansas City metro. Kansas is currently forecasted to have whopping 235 deaths from COVID by August. That's 39 deaths a month in a state of 3M with over 1.5M living in the KC metro area. Projections have varied between 200 to 400 over the past few months. Simply put, I think it's promising to see that in more suburban and spread out areas of the country, where most of us live, COVID is being squashed. That's good news.

My 75 y/o widowed mother who had major back surgery in January contracted COVID from her back therapy PT in late March. She's on a ton of medication for high blood pressure, arthritis, and a knee replacement. She weathered a 103 fever, the worst headache of her life (so she says), and a cough that felt like it was going to break her ribs. She had to deal with this all by herself at home. Guess what? She, just like the majority in this country including the elderly, survived it and she's fine now.

COVID is certainly a dangerous thing and is concerning, but don't buy into the fear that you should live in a hole until it passes because the chances are very very low that it will kill you or leave you with physical damage to your body. Get on with your life and enjoy it.
wdb4732.00
Rmtt8211.00