Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 21M235IXGC View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlownLSX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia335i View Post
I noticed today when I jacked up the car that we hav 2 cats in the car . 1 right after the turbo in the down pipe and then another in the midpipe that connects via a clamp to the downpipe . Now the downpipe removal and swap looks like a huge pain in the ass but not the midpipe .

This midpipe has thend 2 cat plus a resonator style muffler . Now in the midpipe the secondary cat has no sensors in the pipe so removal of this will not cause any CEL .

I see that supersrint makes a few versions of the midpipe for sale . 1 with just a resonator and the other with nothing . This isn't an expensive item and honestly replacement of this should free up the exhaust and give the muffler a stronger note and should give a few ponies from the restricted 2nd cat removal without even have to replace the back muffler .

Has anyone modified their midpipe yet ?
I saw the pipe a few months ago. I would like to get it but stock for the pipe is next to nothing. I believe super sprint is making them to order. Which would put you easily a month+ before it arrives. I have a local exhaust shop. Once the weather breaks I wanna have them cut that part out and weld in a straight pipe.
Yes that was also my next option because you are correct it's like 4 weeks to special order it . I was just looking to not have to cut it as when I go in for routine maintenance since it's free I usually remove all mods and with the car in the lift for an oil change they will definitely see the cut and weld in straight pipe . So otherwise I would just swap it out prior to the dealer visit .

Now I do know that on the back end I will still need to have a clamp since our exhaust system is a solid 1 piece from that clamp all the way to the muffler . So will still need to cut it in the back but I can always do it under one of the crossmember where it's hidden up and not obvious.
A dealer would not care I can tell you that. I work for a 4 year straight center of excellence dealership (Towne BMW). I can tell you no one will care about your exhaust when doing routine maintenance.
Tha is for the heads up B , Then away the extra cat goes 👍🏻 I will probably keep the resonator thow it should help for above cabin noise . Where as that cat is choking some powers it ..
Toss it, the cat and muffler are doing 90% of the work.
Appreciate 0