02-07-2021, 09:10 AM   #403
BlownLSX
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: C6Z, X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia335i View Post
I noticed today when I jacked up the car that we hav 2 cats in the car . 1 right after the turbo in the down pipe and then another in the midpipe that connects via a clamp to the downpipe . Now the downpipe removal and swap looks like a huge pain in the ass but not the midpipe .

This midpipe has thend 2 cat plus a resonator style muffler . Now in the midpipe the secondary cat has no sensors in the pipe so removal of this will not cause any CEL .

I see that supersrint makes a few versions of the midpipe for sale . 1 with just a resonator and the other with nothing . This isn't an expensive item and honestly replacement of this should free up the exhaust and give the muffler a stronger note and should give a few ponies from the restricted 2nd cat removal without even have to replace the back muffler .

Has anyone modified their midpipe yet ?
I saw the pipe a few months ago. I would like to get it but stock for the pipe is next to nothing. I believe super sprint is making them to order. Which would put you easily a month+ before it arrives. I have a local exhaust shop. Once the weather breaks I wanna have them cut that part out and weld in a straight pipe.
Appreciate 1