06-21-2020, 11:52 PM   #6
lonegun
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion619 View Post
All,

I'm kinda stuck on how to remove this fitting from the intake pipe? Don't want to snap the fitting or break it. I tried to pull, no luck. Can't twist due to other components connected to the fitting.

Any advice or ideas would be greatful!
I had mine installed. You have to remove the right side cover beside the right wheel to have access to the boost pipe. It's pretty tight in there though, might have to do some cutting on the OEM boost pipe to loosen it.

The new FTP Motorsport charge+boost pipes looks and feel like high quality products. Much much better than the OEM ones, which are made of lots of rubber and plastic and slightly soft metal at the joints. Now the throttle is slightly, but noticeably more responsive thanks to the less restrictive flow design. To my surprise, my fuel economy improved as well! Perhaps I was leaking boost before but I did not find any leak in the OEM pipes. This is a must upgrade to make the car more reliable as all BMW cars are prone to charge pipe leak and blow ups even if you are not boosting the car. FTP Motorsport even added a hole or two on the charge pipe reserved for water meth injection! Would highly recommend this product if you plan on making your car more reliable.

Last edited by lonegun; 06-22-2020 at 12:02 AM..
Appreciate 0