View Single Post
      07-27-2018, 02:07 PM   #6
oakey46
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 2 A/T 220i Lux Auto 1.5

For what it may be worth, mine started to stick, but on the left side and with a few seat back ups and downs it seems to be operating, via the release buttons, as it should.
I do, however, have a different issue, this with the hatchback door, from where there is a fairly light but, once it starts, persistent and annoying rattle that seems to be from the lower area of the door. I have noticed that sometimes when I close the hatch it makes a fairly 'tinny' noise on closure. The rattle can be heard either immediately on moving off from standstill, or it can start when I've driven a few miles. I have tried emptying the boot/trunk, including moving the emergency warning triangle from its holder, but to no avail. My wife sat in the rear seat and she thought the sound came from the lower area at the back, possibly near to the closing point. Tap the rear light units and they also ratttle/vibrate. Overall, I'm not impressed by the quality of the hatchback, especially as the spoiler also sees to be constructed from rather flimsy plastic and, if you touch it, you can feel how thin it is. Similar to the lights, it also rattles if tapped. Not what I'd have expected from a 'premium' vehicle.
So it looks as though I'll be off to see the dealer - 60 mile round trip!

Last edited by oakey46; 07-27-2018 at 02:15 PM..
Appreciate 0