View Single Post
      04-02-2019, 04:28 PM   #6
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
Well I have no idea on the extra wiring, but for some reason I thought the US models still had the subs for the HiFi system. (I may be incorrect)
The Hifi has subs, but it doesn't have H/K subs. Two different part numbers in the realoem book, and believe it or not there's a third sub as well. Unless I'm misreading it, that one says its for people who have both 676(Hifi) and 674(H/K) audio. WTH is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianebrat View Post
I had to do a custom order to get the combo I wanted because the dealer had almost all standard HiFi x2s which I thought was weird and the difference to me in sound quality was substantial.
Dealer stock has long been a frustration of mine. It was practically impossible to find an E46 M3 coupe in dealer stock back in 2005/2006. They ordered mostly convertibles. When impatient people would shop and see verts and they didn't feel like waiting for a hardtop, the verts would sell. Then the dealer would claim thats all that people wanted. All the coupes were ordered with sunroofs so if you did find a coupe, you had to accept the roof as-is. And they'd claim everyone wanted a sunroof because thats what's selling. So, I had to order my '05 and wait for it to get what I wanted.

I'm truly surprised to find an X2 without a sunroof and without nanny systems. I'd really like to have PDC, and I'll probably add it before the end of the year, but its kind of a trick to get that without getting all the warning systems, HUD, and other nonsense that comes in that package. No dealer is going to order a car like that for stock. It'd be like finding a 6MT E46 M3 with PDC. Rare as all could be.
Appreciate 0