10-22-2008, 09:21 PM   #12
F360C
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E86 S54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmillet View Post
I've got at least fifty heat cycles on my OE rotors and have experienced no warping or cracking. I've used both Performance Friction PF-01 and Raybestos ST-43 brake pads with good results.
Are you able to drive the PF-01's to the track or are they a pad that is only safe to swap in at the track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversprint View Post
I had brake vibration when I first picked the Z4M. This was a new car right off the showroom. I took it back the deal said the car had sat so long that there was rust and crap the they had to clean all the rotors.

I have many track days on the car with carbon tech back. Hard enough brakes to make the rotors glow bright red in some braking zones. The warping and the brakes now have almost 10K miles.
With the Carbotech pads did you use new rotors like the Carbotech web site says you have to? I really want these pads but I don't like that on the website it says:
"If you have had another manufacturers brake pads on those same rotors; then you will ABSOLUTELY have to replace or resurface (turn) those rotors before installing the Carbotech brake pads. If the rotors and drums are in relatively good condition, meaning they are smooth, flat, with no visible cracks, deep scoring, distorted, and with no other visible damage; and you have ONLY had Carbotech brake pads on them, then they do not have to be resurfaced or replaced."

07 Z4 M Coupe AW/IR
Appreciate 0