03-15-2008, 07:50 PM   #16
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW335icDDS View Post
This one is WAY too easy. I was on a waitlist for a M3, but the GT-R is the new KING. Read any car magazine, they call it the king, corvette crusher, instant legend. It is the car of the decade. The M3 isn't even close performance wise, and the M is supposed to stand for Motorsport. I say the M now stands for marketing since they are now trying to sell 100k of these things a year. And 70k for a M3? Only enthusiasts know the difference between a 3 and a M3. You get a sick awesome looking machine in the GTR that is unique, and has performance that bests a Veyron on any track. The GTR, easily.
Wow pretty bad from a BMW owner. Going OT here but I can't let such errors pass.

The M3 never has been an elite sports car. Sure it has a great racing and wining heritage in motosports but it has flat our NEVER been the top dog in pure performance. If you think a car that is about 4 seconds to 60 and can get to 100 in less than 10 and can boogie around the Nordeshleife in about 8 minutes flat is not a "motorsports" oriented/inspired/designed car I'd really like to know which top level Italian exotics you have been owning and driving . The M3 as always been about being a really practical, fun to drive sports coupe, and as you well know it has absolutely owned its class since inception, including the E9X M3! You are clearly wrong about who recognizes an M3 and who doesn't. It is an icon and recognized by BMW enthusiasts, car enthusiasts and even non car folks world wide. What is wrong with BMW trying to sell 100k M3s? It is not that many more than they sold E46 M3s, a healthy increase but not like double or anything. Lastly, as you know the M3 is not really $70k, sure you can spend more than that on one, but equally in a state without sales tax you can walk out the door with one for less than $60k. Typically when discussing prices you should qualify it as "nicely equipped, out the door" or just use the base price.
Appreciate 0