View Single Post
      03-15-2008, 01:02 PM   #3
rai
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 coupe with DCT

thanks.

what I mean by street cred is something like this, you're driving and people give you a thumbs-up or you park in a car-night gathering and people come by and say nice car..

For example you drive a 911 GT3 or Ferrari 550 or NSX (etc..) don't necessarly mean they are the baddest fastest cars in the world but people say that's a nice car (more-so) than if you had a 335i or 350Z or 135i (for example). Not to say those other cars are bad, but they are just not a GTR or M3

What I mean is, I don't drive 9/10th. lets hope nobody does drive 9/10th on the street. My gosh, you can push a car or drive hard without getting up the the limit where you are getting reckless. I mean it's almost impossible to drive a car like a GTR where you are close to it's upper limit of performance that'd be like driving 170 mph or taking a corner flat out braking with full g-force etc..

I understand you can drive near the limit in places (ie. race tracks) but on real world (IMO) most people are driving just for a bit of fun and clearly a car like a GTR or M3 is more rewarding than a Camry (as an example).

I like spirit and soul and character in a car, I don't just want a status symbol even tho it sounds like you are saying I want to be a show-off. it's not like that. I like cars and would like more hard edge car like the GT3 but am leaning towards a car that is sporty but also has comfort (some) and utility (rear seats).

I say something like I want status, just b/c I am always going the low way. I mean usually I'd say well a 135i is half the cost of a M3 so why not save a few bucks. But this one time I want to get something nicer so that at least I'll be able to say I didn't buy it to save a few bucks. I mean status more like somebody who likes a fancy watch may buy one real nice watch even tho it's not needed more than say a $500 watch and not even to show off but just so he feels good about having something that not everyone else has. By all means I can afford more than the M3 by far so I'm not trying to pretend I'm richer than I am or to show off. I mean more just having something a cut above a car like a 350Z, 335i or G37 etc.
Appreciate 0