View Single Post
      05-18-2019, 03:13 PM   #42
StefanJ
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 G01 xDrive 20d

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinymilad View Post
I opened the electronic parking break switch and the switch to turn on the auto hold is there on the circuit board behind the e-brake, it even has the led light. It activates auto hold without the need for any coding, But no actual actuator button is there. The enclosure does not have a place for a button for activation of auto hold. I drilled a hole so I can activate the auto hold switch with a thin metal rod, but that is not the cleanest way to do this, buying switches on eBay to see if any of them can be retrofitted. I'll post photos tomorrow
Could you explain us how it is actually working the AutoH on the X1?
I've had this function on my previous car (Audi A6 C7) and I miss it so much, especially that I'm driving in town every day.
I'd like to activate it, but I really don't want to cause any problems / defects to the car.

Regarding your last post about possible "cost cutting" made by bmw, I wonder why then they incorporated most of the hardware and the software (these are the biggest costs) and they didn't add the last and the cheapest part - a plastic button?

Last edited by StefanJ; 05-18-2019 at 03:18 PM..
Appreciate 2
iceman7117.00
nathanm4682.00