View Single Post
      10-15-2018, 02:40 AM   #21
Beemerbuster
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 2.5D

Having suffered the "clunk" or "knock" noise from the front of the vehicle, my dealer has replaced an engine transmission mount as reported by some forum members as a BMW TSB.
Whilst this initially appeared to clear the issue, sadly yesterday I noticed the noise again on at least two occasions. First as I manoeuvred out of the garage and then having reached the roadway turning slightly at the first bend/junction.
The noise doesnt appear to be aggrevated by speed bumps etc but is noticed carrying out what is very slow or slow speed manoeuvring.
I note some have reported replacements the to suspension and or steering components have had to be made - any chance these replacements can be elaborated on please so I can report back to my dealer with a list of possible causes.

Always seems to work better in cases of intermittent problems if you can go armed with ideas for them to pursue rather than the dealer working from cold on an issue?

Not sure if it connected but I am often finding the car tramlines or slightly verves on light braking. Could be aggrevated by having run flats on the 19" rims but I am concerned that it could be a steering or suspension issue as the cause.
The car has the adaptive suspension and steering options fitted - I am never that confident the car is planted firmly on the road which is often a recommendation praised for the X1 by motoring reviewers.

Any comments would be much appreciated. Tnanks
Appreciate 0