Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
All teams exploit rules, the speed delta I’m referencing is delta before the speed trap. I wasn’t clear in my post, basically the acceleration to top speed happens quite a bit quicker with the Merc. I’ll try to take a snapshot of it. I’m going to check out your comment for corners and report back, how are they managing torque? Is it throttle mapping?

With DRS and slip stream and and without DRS. DRS is no joke.
Yes. You referred to VMax and not Delta V. This makes perfect sense with your caveat.

There is an article about the upgrades to the Honda PU performed during the last races and over the break. I will attempt to find it and share it here. The article details the process to improve the starting performance through adjustments in torque management with the Honda PU in the RB16B. I know that throttle mapping was included but also torque management and a few other parameters. While I know that Drive-By-Wire allows a modicum of throttle application mapping, actually managing the torque, electronically, should fall afoul of, "The car should be driven by the driver alone and without aid(s)."

This is foundational and should definitely be subject to the sanctions.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0