03-13-2016, 01:31 PM   #28
Andy203
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M135

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBX1 View Post
I have an X1 and I am really regretting it to be honest, 100% due to the seats. I am a fit person, just fairly tall with long legs. The lack of support from the seats completely ruins the drive unless you are on a open highway. I have heard the typical "but I'm tall and think the seats are fine" argument. Well, if you have long legs it's not fine. I'm talking 34-36" inseam. Upper body height is fine, that's a non issue.

Bummed to hear the Sport seats don't solve this. I was going to get the sport seats custom installed. If they are gimped too I am possibly getting rid of this car. One thing I noticed is that literally every demo X1 in reviews has what look like the sport or bigger seats. So that will hide this issue from the consumers like it did to me. It's not something you can suss on a test drive. After specing the car out to 45K+ with "tech, premium and Luxury" packages, I really did not expect this uncomfortable outcome.

Edit - I feel bad for sounding so negative. The car does look great and I'd love it if I could fit it. To be clear to researchers - I think it's going to be rare cases that it doesn't fit, I have quite long legs.
Well I have the sport seat option specified when I ordered my X1, I also have a 34 inside leg measurement, find the seats very comfortable, took a while to get them adjusted.
Tried an X1 with standard seat before purchase to see if the extra money for the sports seats would be a worth while option. As far as I am concerned they certainly are money well spent.
Appreciate 0