View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 01:55 PM   #76
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

as far as i understand from 6 days of testing..

Mercedes: W11 is clearly a better chassis and package.. seems like suspensions front and back in another level at the moment.. rear of the car is more stable than last year but on knife edge that not pushing the front for understeer.. since frontal part is different also cant understand how much better its clear that they re in harmony.. squeezing more the engine for giving more room for cooling seems putting some stress on some components and thus they had some engine problems.. puff of smoke after back straight was quite common in 6 days and it was pure white, its oil.. probably they ll solve it until Melbourne though.. Bottas looks pretty motivated and Hamilton looks pretty calm and confident.. i hope this will lead to great battles between them without too much friction between them..

Ferrari: cant really understand why things are not smooth in the team this year really.. been more than a year since structure of team change and the tech underneath to create a better car should be easier since regulations are almost the same this year.. its my opinion but i guess the secondary fuel flow meter had change their straight line advantage radically.. since Vettel is saying car feels draggy as well.. with less power you do feel such things easier.. Leclerc looks much more focused than Vettel and Lec was lapping like machine in long runs.. i will be really surprised if Ferrari will be strong in Melbourne.. general energy is pretty low in the garage still.. i hope Leclerc wont regret by tying himself to Ferrari long term.. things can go better in short time but still feels like, Binotto, Vettel, Leclerc and the car have different mindsets.. doesnt look like part of a whole.. car looks sloppy and its clear that it understeers when its pushed to its limit.. even if somehow Vettel spun on exit of a corner.. it was looking more like an early throttle action than the car can handle..

Red Bull: its obvious that Red Bull worked hard for this even though car looks complex and clever, its pretty edgy on the limit and doesnt look like easy car to drive at least so far.. Max had many spins some of them were because of cold tires but the spin Albon had today was a bit awkward.. its hard to race with an edgy car and it wont let you push as much as you can since the car doesnt forgive mistakes that much.. if im not mistaken RB had such a spin last year in Hungaroring last corner in practice as well like Albon did today.. but the engine looks bulletproof and sounds the best also..

Racing Point: probably the most optimistic times they ll have before the season.. even Stroll was able to push the car squeeze good lap times.. im not a fan of Perez but people underestimate him quite much.. definitely much better than Grosjean for example.. he is pretty consistent and more importantly he can squeeze the maximum out of whatever gear he has.. its not a thing that every driver can do..
for tracing last years W10.. seems they did it quite nicely with probably some smart tweaks.. in overall car looks pointy and allows some mistakes which really important during the race.. i wont be surprise if they ll be on the podium at least once this year as long as they hustle for more out of the car during the season..

Renault: team as a whole looks much much more focused than last year.. if i remember right they started to work on 2020 much before the season ended.. seems they did thing right during time period.. Ricciardo was happy most of the time and car was looking balanced in the rain even with Ocon's stupid throttle moves to showoff.. looks like a predictable car on the edge which is great it means there is more to squeeze out.. Ricciardo's one eye is already looking for going some other team probably Ferrari but he might be surprised if team performs much better this year and considering him to stay in Renault.. on way or another Renault days wasnt that long ago..

Williams: energy is quite high in the team + young drivers.. actually some parts of the car looks obsolete somehow and it was clear on the track by weird movements on the limit.. they have a smart power unit with some tenacity they can get rid of the last spots this year.. im not sure it ll be this year but its obvious that they re in the up trend..

Haas: cant understand why they re still going with Grosjean.. things dont look that bright in the team but looks like they have an aero efficient car this can make them joker team in some tracks..

Alfa Romeo: it looks like they have a nice package to push.. Kimi was looking happy to drive the car but considering they already pack the car before 1 hour the test ends was looking a bit silly.. im not sure Giovinazzi is a right driver for the team except the fact that he s Italian.. he must do some magical stuff this year already.. and at least so far it looks like he has a ground to it so..

AlphaTauri: Red Bull placed the AT as a nice experimental team for them.. its really good for RB.. car doesnt look that balanced but both Kvyat and Gasly should on the spotlight this year.. Hulkenberg wont be on the grid even if he deserves to be.. best part of AT seems like their clothing style so far..

seems like we ll see some nice overtakes and some heat this year..