View Single Post
      01-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #10
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt2008 View Post
I've been searching most of the evening about the BMW Performance Brakes and after several beers later, these brakes are:

1. not suitable for a 335d
2. Are ok on the 335d
3. not made for the 335d
4. Made for 1 series
5. The stock brakes on a 335d are better
6. BMW Performance Brakes are better than the stock brakes
7. I should spend 5-6k on a set
8. I should leave the originals on and forget about it
9. I should buy a faster car

In front of me i have a BMW performance catologue and it clearly shows these brakes are available for the 3 series yet in small print it says 'Product availabilty dependent on vehicle specification'.

Can someone confirm or just make me more confused if these BMW Performance Brakes are suitable for a 335d as i can't wait for the dealer to open tom

For me they are more for 'show' rather than charging around a track so would rather not spend £1000's on a set of 4 to be total overkill.
Also, despite the nice shiny yellow caliper, would the disc size look a little crappy on 19" 269 wheels compared to stock disc size?

A lot of the posts i've searched on are from 2008/early 2009 so have BMW come up with any upgraded brakes for a 335 in this time?

The bottom line is this -

1) The BMW Performance BBK can fit any of the 1er or 3er cars, except the M3

2) Although it can fit the 335i and 335d, BMW have not designed the BBK to be used on those two models, because it is more of a sideways step in braking performance than an increase in braking performance. On all other models up to and including the 330d and 330i pre-LCI, the BMW BBK can be used as sanctioned by BMW. On 330d and 330i LCI cars (ie. '09 model onwards) these have been upgraded to use the stock 335i/d style brakes, and therefore the BMW BBK is not sanctioned by BMW to be used on these LCI 330 models

3) BMW will NOT be producing a brake upgrade kit for the 335i or 335d, nor for the LCI 330i or 330d, as BMW have deemed those particular braking setups to be more than adequate for the power those cars produce.
Appreciate 0