View Single Post
      11-16-2016, 12:43 PM   #15
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
Is this something new with the x40i models? Dropping to first? I'd hate that if my 535i was not smooth on coming to a soft stop. My gearbox simply drops down without any negative feelings, silky smooth. I didn't think 1st was used unless aggressively driving. Brakes also modulate using the 'soft-stop' function.

Sounds as if the latest hardware/software is a backwards step, if the reviews reflect a common issue.

BTW, I've never played with the throttle adaption setting, nothing has changed in over 30,000 miles.
Definitely no soft-stop feeling on the 4. I'm hoping it will get better with miles. Xplosiv166 describes it well as a last second grabby feeling from the brakes. I'm now monitoring the rev counter to see if I can spot the downchange. When I feel the jerky stop, it's almost always when I am stopping very gently (typical urban and anticipatory driving really).

I wonder if the throttle adaptation may be different with your usage, hence you don't really suffer from it? I get the impression that you are onto the open road pretty quickly and regularly? Mine (and maybe others) spends 10-20 minutes not stretching its legs at all and gets repeatedly fed very gentle throttle inputs.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0