View Single Post
      11-16-2016, 09:35 AM   #6
Grant_7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Caterham 420R. Tesla Model 3

Thanks for the write-up. Agree with everything you say

A few points of my own:

1. Well you may have won the race to collect your car, but only just now hitting 1200 miles....WTF man! You need to get out for some late evening / early morning blasts. Especially with little one no1 on the way...you'll have no time for car enjoyment then!

2. On the point above, my commute has pretty much finished now so I'm doing far fewer miles than before. Should hit 3000 miles this weekend though with a trip down to the South Coast. I wonder how crazybones is doing as i think he was piling on the miles?!

3. Definitely do the throttle adaptions reset. I did mine again yesterday and it undoubtedly works. Only takes 4 minutes to do.

4. I think part of the smooth stopping is the gearbox. As it downchanges into first, there's an increase in deceleration which has to be countered on the brakes. And, as you're second guessing the car, it's extremely difficult to do!

5. Finally, and I really can't help myself in mentioning it, but the crackles you get in Sport. Honestly it's full blown gunfire with MPPSK. I swear young children start crying and oldies dive for cover when it happens. Hilarious!

6. One more thing. When little MashinBenzin comes along, he/she is going to travel home from the hospital in your lovely x40i. Now that is cool!
F31 340i | GS with CR & Ash Grain Trim | M Sport+ Pack | Prof Media Plus Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Leather Dash | Folding Mirrors | Pano Roof | Elec Mem Seats with Lumbar | Adaptive Suspension | Comfort Access | Reverse Cam | Surround View | SLD | Rear Sunblinds | Folding Headrests | Model Designation Delete | Trim Designation Delete | MPPSK
Appreciate 1