View Single Post
      02-28-2020, 05:56 PM   #3
jm57335d
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Question I was afraid you would say that :-)

Thanks for the reply Yozh, I have read several of your advisements throughout these forums and appreciate your valuable feedback.
Quote:
Do get CBU done.
I figured that would be the response, but hoping that there might be something else I was missing. :-)

Quote:
What state are you in?
Arizona. The dealership told me $9k for CBU cleaning! So, I will likely do this myself, I think I have seen some posts with the instructions. I bought the car for $9k, not spending another 9k to clean it. It looks do-able and I will likely just buy a new Intake manifold as it sounds like this is really hard to get clean?
What about the swirl flap deletes, does this require special steps/flashing? What do you recommend. Also, it looks like I would still pass emissions without them, right?

Quote:
Reset adaptations.
I may have seen a post about this and will look again. Any advice on device/sw needed and/or steps/post to follow? I only currently have a cheap carista OBD scanner right now, but am willing to get the right stuff to do the job. (This will save a ton compared to the stealership.)

Quote:
You do not need to update the DDE but latest updates had some improvements to all the injector related codes that were thrown due to CBU.
Thanks for this, the stealership told me I have the latest SW. So, I am probably good here, anyways.

Quote:
You do not need to replace injectors.
Thanks again, wasn't sure. Do these need to be pulled and cleaned or they should be fine?

Quote:
Please do get the vacuum lines done.
Yes, this part is definitely going to be done, it looks like it will be easier with the manifold off. So, I will probably do this at the same time. I have seen different recommendations here. Do you have a recommendation on where to get the lines? It looks like ~10 feet is all that is needed?

Quote:
Pump usually ok. If you have not done all the regular servicing then you should.
I have done all the regular servicing recommended by the stealership for the last 30k miles(as long as I have owned it) not sure what happened for the first 97k. My turbo actuator valve moves after the car starts, does that mean it's ok or should I go ahead and pull the Pump as a preventative measure since I don't have records before I bought the car?

Quote:
Egt codes are a bit of a worry. Do you monitor your DPF regens?
Yes, they concerned me as well. I wasn't sure if the aux pump had anything to do with it, but it looks like the aux cooler is only for Rest and doesn't go anywhere else? I haven't monitored DPF regens. I would have to look this up as well.

Sorry, I bought this car for my commuter because it's fun and gets great mileage...and the price was right. I am pretty handy, but newer to working on my own vehicle. When I bought it, I was thinking I would mod it over time for more performance, but first I need to deal with these issues. I see a lot of complaints about this work, but it seems like most vehicles need work around 100k, this doesn't seem too bad of a return on investment, as long as I can get her running well again. So I appreciate your guidance as I learn my way around this beast.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0