Thread: Fake Badges
View Single Post
      08-03-2022, 08:01 AM   #4527
charlescm14
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 m40i. RS5 sportback

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCCA1 View Post
Well, it is obviously an M-sport package. Not sure how they badge them in Canada (probably neither M-badge front or rear came on it) but here we have gotten some with the little M on the sides of the front fenders. Even the very first M235i's came that way for a bit.
Appreciate the input, now that you mention Im not sure that cars with M-sport package come with the side Ms. I know that my m40i came with it and I think I will take them off. My cousin's 340i doesnt have them...If the sides ones came from the factory on that X4 I retract what I said and just comment on the obvious front and back ones.

I should have been more precise with my wording. I think that it is very well possible that he has a M-sport package. BTW how can you say that Obviously had the package from the picture ? Im not an expert , but it wasnt obvious to me, it had standard wheels, seats, etc... Id be happy to learn how you can tell the difference so quickly!

I was more reffering to how they worded the description. You may think I am splitting hairs, but I find it a bit disingenuous to write "X4M" package...same way I avoid describing my car as an "X3M" 40i . Id be happy to gather feedbacks form folks on here, to see if Im the only that think the description of the car is as important as the fake badges... maybe im crazy !
Appreciate 0