View Single Post
      01-13-2023, 01:42 AM   #57
CirrusSR22
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGus View Post
I know this thread started a while ago. I was wondering if anyone ever figured out a way to remove that little bit of aluminum that keeps the Haldex pump from coming out to be serviced/cleaned/replaced, without dropping the entire unit.

One way or another I am going to make my pump removeable for maintenance/cleaning without having to drop the entire Haldex unit. The worst case scenario I see, is cutting the existing pump out of the way (basically destroying it), then grinding out the aluminum rib, then installing a new pump (expensive). I have not gone under there to see if this is possible yet, just brainstorming for right now.

Anyone have a better idea? Would it be easier to drop the entire Haldex unit, remove the aluminum rib, then put it back? I don't like having to pay for a new pump, but it seems dropping the whole unit is a huge pain. My goal in the end is to be able to do routine maintenance to the pump and screen easily.
I’ve been meaning to try an oscillating tool. Not sure if the angles will work to get it all though.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0