pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreyATC View Post
X6M is retired, I'm electric-only household for 3 years now
I understand your feeling about charging and other EV-related differences, but you need to own one to fully appreciate it
I will never by another ICE car
Also, it's not one trick pony as some ppl say (probably those who never driven one), it handles great, has very compliant ride and fast as hell
Power is always available as if you were riding in second gear all the time
On top of that, you get LOTS of utility in this car, that most mid-sized SUVs cannot match

Regarding trips:
I've taken it to Orlando and central PA with ease
I've towed my golf card for 400 miles on Autopilot, which was awesome
I'm getting travel trailer (Alto) to do cross-country as well
You don't need supercharger next to your house, you have charger at your house for that.
You need charging on your route as you travel
Most of them positioned every 100 miles or less, depending on the area
Supercharger map
And Telsa is planning to cover US with a lot more of these by the end of the year. There are also thousands of destination chargers at hotels and rest areas now
I have zero range anxiety, because of that, plus your car tells you where to stop and how long is required to charge
It makes best winter and summer cars
I can pre-heat/cool it ahead of time so my kids feel comfortable in it as they get into car that's been seating in cold
I can go through 15 inch of snow easily with amazing AWD

At some point people will realize (some did already) that electric is clean, fun, exciting future of automotive world
It's been around very few years, but it's been setting many records.
Future is looking bright and we can finally dump archaic technology just like humans switched to cars from the horses

No one said it's perfect yet, but benefits outweigh cons already
Can you plan a trip to Mexico city and back again? Or how about from Oregon to Cancun? Or maybe I feel like driving to visit the Panama canal ?
I can do it in a 30 year old Honda CRX HF which realistically can get me 45 mpg
Appreciate 1
feuer4275.50