View Single Post
      09-18-2020, 06:21 PM   #26
jcatral14
Private
Rep
Drives: 2020 Mineral Grey X2 M35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice_rocket88 View Post
Sure thing! 20's vs 19's remember don't mean a thing. Think about it this way: The car is going to roll the same way and the speedometer works the same no matter what SIZE wheel you put on. HOWEVER if you mess up the calculations you can screw that all up completely. The point is the 19" has more rubber and less "rim". The 20" has less rubber and more "rim" . The outside circle that you see at the edge of the tire is the SAME. So when talking about the width of the tire at 255mm it is the same width no matter what size wheel. And unless you mess with the profile wrong, it will have exactly the same clearance as any other wheel. The only difference would be if the rim itself is too small it will hit your brakes, otherwise if all other specs are the same.. then it is really the same tire.
Agree. My aim is to stay as close to the stock diameter as possible. My choices for A/S is either a 235/40 or 245/35 or even 255/35. Of those the 255 option seems closest with a 0.22% error. The 235 option has a 1.2% error which I can live with. I just want to avoid any problems with rubbing or the car throwing codes.

-jay

Appreciate 0