View Single Post
      05-16-2019, 03:40 AM   #71
Calelujah
Rep
Drives: F11 530d / F15 X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynguldyn View Post
  • US X5 xDrive45e has been delayed until 2020 (MY2021).
  • The evolution of G30 is a surprisingly convoluted matter because of the timing of different new technologies, and I'd like to recap the current knowledge for clarity:
    - Later this year, G30 will receive new engines (TÜ versions of the existing lineup). For the U.S. market models, only M550i will get a sizeable improvement to 530hp with all other models simply getting some incremental optimization. However, in the rest of the world, something new is coming in 520d. It will be a new energy conserving tech. Whether it is the 48V system or something more than that I just can't say.
    - At the same time, Live Dash will be added as an option on lower end models and standard on others.
    - In 2020, G30 LCI will be released. At that point all significant new technology will be already installed on the pre-LCI G30 models so the LCI is going to be almost entirely cosmetical. The only new additions I see are the spread of the same energy conserving tech to other models (by then, G30 won't be unique at that) and Driving Assistant Pro (the functionality first released on G05 X5) - for some reason G30 seems to be last in the line of models getting that option.
Do you know if the 530e will get the same XtraBoost function (extra 41hp from the electric motor for a short time) as the 330e? Since the MY 2020 will get the same 12 kWh battery as the upcoming 330e.
Appreciate 0