View Single Post
      03-26-2019, 08:58 AM   #16
cryze
Portugal
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 F48 sDrive 18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJE60 View Post
Yes, they keeping pushing the date back, a few months ago they said 2019-1 would be out now (03/2019). I think the basic problem is there are very few models with “route” mapping, so BMW will only update it when they think it will pay.

I think last X1 built with “route mapping” HU were 06/2017 . I am not sure if these EU cars came with free update period, perhaps you can advise?

A cynic might suggest the next “Europe route” map release will be the day after any free updates expire!

Mine is from 09/2016, and even though I got it a few weeks ago as it was a former lease car I still am under the free update period, valid until 08/2019.

If what you're saying ends up being true, it's seriously f-ed up.

They did reply that I would get an update in June, a couple months before the end of my free period, which may be their way to push the last route maps update before the end of the free period and also avoid some well justified anger.

In any case, for the future, I wonder how hard it would be to upgrade the HU to entrynav2 or an evo. If it's a matter of purchasing the HU and doing some coding I could be able to do it myself. I've seen at least one video on youtube of a company called Elebest doing an evo ID6 retrofit on an X1.

But I'm still very ignorant on many details of the process, there's not that much information for the X1. Or I just haven't found it yet.
Appreciate 0