S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdrmz View Post
I know the 335 high engine temps have been discussed and that we all agree that the temps are a bit on the high side. However, do you think the cooling system could be a factor in this? I was reading oneof my old C&D mags (March 07) and there was an article in there called the "The Day (and Night) of the Diesel where a couple of 335i diesel cars were being campaigned for the 25 hour at Thunderhill. One of the two cars suffered catastrophic engine failure due to overheating. The problem was traced back to the cooling system requiring careful bleeding and topping off. After several iterations of this the system functioned properly. Unfortunately there no indications of the engine temps indicated in the article.

The second reason I bring this up is that before my last track day I had my system flushed and topped off BMW coling mixture plus Red line water wetter. During my track day, my temps didn't get above 250. However, I've noticed that my temps have creeped up to around 260 in osme cases in stop and go daily driving. Do you think it any real merit in flushing the cooling system and using a mixture mentioned above before and after a track session or am I being paranoid? Please no flaming, just looking for some informed opinions.
I really dont thing water wetter works with the coolant in your car. I used water wetter with regular water in my race car..and it works well there..but I dont think it works with the glycol in the antifreeze/coolant. I would advise against it.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0